You might have seen him on TV. Or heard him on the radio....
Wayne is a former Channel NewsAsia (CNA) and 93.8 Live presenter. He's provided news coverage for 3 elections and has won several awards at MediaCorp, whilst reporting on a wide array of key issues – from housing, healthcare and environmental concerns to transport, defence and technology developments.
Today, he's a full-time emcee and voice talent with hundreds of happy clients. Whether it’s a fun or formal event, his broadcast quality voice, versatile hosting skills and dynamic personality will give your next show an extra punch of energy and gravitas. Wayne has anchored numerous events including conferences, award nights, D & Ds, family days, parties, weddings, roadshows, product launches and sports events since 2001.
His years of experience managing various public outreach campaigns as a public relations professional, and training by some of the most influential names in the media industry, including Danny Yeo, Diana Ser and The Flying Dutchman Mark Van Cuylenburg, have also transformed him into a masterful communicator who can adapt his style and tone to help your messages resonate with any target audience, whether it's a fun or formal event.
Wayne is also well-versed in PR & Marketing with extensive public and private sector experience in branding, media management, marketing communications, events management, public relations, advertising and social media. His media and communications career includes various public relations, marketing, editorial and business development appointments at MediaCorp, Ogilvy PR, Parkway Health, DBS Bank, National Environment Agency, Land Transport Authority and the Building & Construction Authority.
His last corporate appointment was as Assistant Director of Public Communications at The People's Association. The below are some of the awards he has amassed over his years of work and study:
- One of six finalists from the region for the CDL Environmental Journalist of the Year at the inaugural Asian Environmental Journalism Awards 2012
- Won a Bravo Award as part of the MediaCorp team providing news coverage during the 2011 General Election
- Received a MediaCorp Radio News Award for Best Live News Coverage as one of four reporters doing live radio reports on polling night during the 2011 Presidential Election
- Winner of MediaCorp Newshub Story of the Month Award for investigative journalistic skills
- Achieved the National Development Minister’s Team Award 2010 for contributions to the first Singapore Green Building Week
- Managed and drove NEA’s Singapore Advertising Hall of Fame nominated Press & Poster Ad Campaign for Smoke Free entertainment outlets
- Writer of the most viral article of the week at Mothership.sg (more than once)
- Top in Speech Communication (Ngee Ann Polytechnic)